Whilst there are no prerequisites according to the Training Packaging Rules, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) state that learners should be able pass the aviation English proficiency at level 6. In addition they suggest they have a reasonable grasp of mathematics and are able to meet the requirements to hold an Aviation Medical (Class 1). Therefore these points are discussed with the potential student to ensure their awareness of these skills in order to achieve a CASA licence outcome in addition to completing the Diploma course.
Students of this course must have:
- a current class 1 (as applicable to PPL and CPL) Aviation Medical*
And either a:
- CASA issued Private Pilots Licence (PPL)
- CASA issued Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL)
In addition, to participate in the course students will also require:
- Aviation English Level 6 and a reasonable grasp of maths
- ASIC Security Clearance*
Students must be at least 18 years of age.
A Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Core Skills Pre-Assessment will be conducted in order to offer the correct level of support that is needed to graduate from the course. Students that are assessed as requiring support to meet the minimum entry requirements (LLN exit level 3) will be required to undertake training** to reach the required standard before being admitted to the course. Additionally, students are required by CASA to hold speaking level 6 and a reasonable grasp of maths to qualify for their CASA licences.
- Download and review the information in the student handbook.
- Send your expression of to email@example.com. Include any relevant information about previous aviation experience or training undertaken.
- Attend an information meeting at the club.
- Applicants will be assessed prior to being offered a course.
More information can found in our student handbook here.
A copy of the enrollment form can be downloaded here.