The Redcliffe Aero Club is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that has been approved by the Australian Government to offer VET Student loans to eligible students undertaking approved higher-level VET qualifications (diploma, graduate certificate and graduate diploma courses).
If you are thinking of enrolling into a VET course at the diploma level or above, you may be eligible for a VET Student Loan to pay upfront for your tuition fees.
Whilst you do not pay for the course on enrolment, the VET Student loan becomes a HELP debt with the Commonwealth Government and needs to be repaid. These loans are only approved on meeting certain eligibility and entry criteria. (please refer to the VET Student Loan page for detailed information).
VET Student loans can be used to fully or partially cover the cost of course tuition fees. It is charged on a block by block basis for the entire VET course of study unless the student wishes to contribute payment towards the tuition fees. Tuition fees covered through VET Student Loans cannot be used to pay for other expenses such as textbooks, equipment, travel and accommodation.
Using a VET Student loan for your course
Some of our Diploma level courses have a VET Student Loan payment option available for eligible students.
Please note, that the federal government applies a one-off 20-25%* loan fee to your loan amount if you are a full fee-paying or fee for service student. This loan fee does not apply towards your total FEE-HELP limit.
*Please refer to the Study Assist website and the VET Student Loan Handbook for current government fees.
Am I eligible for VET STUDENT LOANS?
- You are eligible for VET STUDENT LOANS if you:
- are an Australian citizen; or
- are a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets long-term residency requirements; or
- have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit (see below); AND
- meet course requirements as follows:
- are a full fee-paying / fee for service student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course at an approved VET STUDENT LOANS provider; OR
- are a student subsidised by a state or territory government (other than the Australian Capital Territory) studying a diploma or advanced diploma course; OR
- are a student subsidised by the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, Western Australian and New South Wales Government studying in a specified certificate IV course (nominated courses vary by state) as part of the Certificate IV Trial that concludes in December 2016; AND
- are enrolled with an approved VET STUDENT LOANS provider in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit.
Most common forms of identification used to identify eligibility (all identification must be in colour and JP Certified)
- Driver’s Licence or Proof of Age card (Australia)
- Aust Birth certificate or Aust Pass port or Green Medicare card
- Birth certificate (any country of origin) or Passport (any country of origin)
- Australian citizenship certificate