- Read through the Vet student loans information booklet 2017 and the RAC student handbook to determine if you are eligible for the Vet student loan funding.
- Download, print and complete the expression of interest form then email to email@example.com
- You will then be contacted by the RTO Co Ordinator to arrange your attendance at a “Pre-Enrolment Information Session”. The “Pre-Enrolment Information Session” will be conducted over two (2) consecutive days, you will need to be available form 0800-1700. The “Pre-Enrolment Information Session” is conducted onsite at The Redcliffe Aero Club at 1 Wirraway Drive, kippa ring, QLD, 4021.
- Once you have received confirmation from the RTO Co Ordinator that you have secured a position to attend a “Pre-Enrolment Information Session” you will need to prepare the following:
Identification – 100 points of JP Certified identification: including photo ID, proof of Residency and proof of residential address.
Most common ID documents provided are:
- Colour JP certified copy Australian Passport (current or expired within the last 2 years)
- Colour JP certified copy Australian / New Zealand birth certificate
- Colour JP certified copy Queensland Driver’s Licence (front and back)
- •Colour JP certified copy Queensland Proof of age card
- Colour JP certified copy Green Medicare card
- Tax file number
- USI number
- CHESSN Number
- LUI number (if applicable)
Mandatory if applicable
- Club membership number (application can be pending)
- ARN number
- Colour JP certified copy of ASIC Card
- Colour copy of your medical certificate Class 1 or Class 2 (if applicable)
- Colour copy of previous completed Nationally Accredited Courses completed in the last 5 years (Diploma or Advanced Diploma) (if applicable)
- Pen / paper
- Drinks / Lunch (Fridge and microwave facilities are available, Availability to purchase drinks available)
If you do not have any of the above items, then please contact The Redcliffe Aero Club for further clarification prior to attending the “Pre-Enrolment Information Session”
- Attend the two (2) day “Pre-Enrolment Information Session” schedule is outlined below:
What does the “Pre-Enrolment Information Session” involve?
|0800 – 0810
||Welcome, Tour of facilities, Fire Evacuation meeting point, Set up laptops / tablets etc.
|0810 – 0820
||Video 1 – 10 minutes
||Presentation – interactive discussions,
Read through Vet student handbook and RAC student Handbook
Complete Enrolment paperwork and Membership paperwork
||Training Plan discussion – AVI50215, AVI50415, AVI50516
Break down of phases and census dates. Phase fees and what the Vet Student loan funding covers for the various courses.
||Provide all paperwork and ID to RTO Co Ordinator – quality check conducted
||Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (LLN) – 4 hours
(English – Initial and Diagnostic assessment)
||Quality check on student’s enrolment paperwork and JP Certified ID.
Students that have completed a Nationally Accredited Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification in any field in the last 5 years, and can provide a JP Certified colour copy may not be required to attend the second day of the “Pre-Enrolment Information Session” depending on LLN results. The RTO Co Ordinator will advise you if you are not required to attend.
|0800 – 0830
||Video 2 – The world of a Pilot – 30 minutes
|0830 – 1230
||Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (LLN) – 4 hours
(Mathematics – Initial and Diagnostic assessment)
Download LLN results for whole group – RTO Co Ordinator will email previous English LLN results to students advising them of their benchmark results, and include recommendations.
Discuss findings with students – one on one chat if time permits.
||Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (LLN) – Resit opportunity (3 hours)
(English and/or Maths– Initial and Diagnostic assessment)
Students can review and or resit a portion of the LLN again based on results.
||Quality check on student’s enrolment paperwork, advise potential students to keep a close eye on their emails and based on individual results the RTO Co Ordinator will be in contact within 7 days to advise of their progression.
- Once you attend the “Pre-Enrolment Information Session” and complete all the paperwork, the RTO Coordinator will conduct quality and compliance checks on your application.This will include checking a variety of Government websites, including checking your USI, CHESSSN, VET Student Loan availability, VET Student Loan eligibility and Individual loan cap, your current eCAF loan capabilities etc.
If you have specific questions relating to this, please speak directly with the RTO Coordinator.
- Once all applications are finalised, the RTO Coordinator will contact each potential student to discuss availability for a face to face or a phone interview with our CFI and/or CEO. Potential students should bring with them a current resume and their pilot log book.
- Once all applicants have had their interviews conducted the CEO, CFI and RTO Coordinator will evaluate each application and determine based on available resources and applications who will be offered a position on their chosen course.
- Official letters of offer will be emailed to students, with all necessary information. Students who are not successful will be invited to apply again for another VET Student Loan funded course at a later date.
- 10. Should a student then accept The Redcliffe Aero Club Enrolment offer, they will then be officially enrolled with a start date to be confirmed.They will be provided with a range of documentation through both the Government websites and documentation form the Redcliffe Aero Club. A confirmation of enrolment will be sent to student prior to enrolment, as will training plans, Credit Transfer applications and Recognition of Prior Learning applications.
Next available Date for Pre-Enrolment Session are:
- Monday 23rd – Tuesday 24th March 2020
- Tuesday 16th – Wednesday 17th June 2020
Pre-Enrolment Information Sessions dates updated frequently, or contact us if you require additional information.
These will be scheduled “Pre-Enrolment Information Sessions” for all potential students who would like to attend The Redcliffe Aero Club Diploma Courses in 2020.